Alamosa Mitts






Here is my latest design - the Alamosa Mitts. (The pattern is HERE ) They use 3 skeins of sport weight alpaca (Knitpicks' Andean Treasure is used for these) and size 3 (US) or 4 dpns or circs depending on which size you're making. The one in the middle is the Women's Large size - the others are the small size.


I'm also planning on using some alpaca to make a men's chullo-type hat and a pair of mittens. I just bought some of Elann's alpaca yarns to use for these projects - the colors are just gorgeous but it is less soft than Andean Treasure. So far I'm enjoying using alpaca for colorwork - I just have to remember to weave in my yarn ends for a lot longer because they're so much more slippery.


And yes - in that first photo it is actually snowing! When the desert heat does finally arrive it will be a great shock here.