A Pinwheel for Valentine...


The other day, I made the big mistake of reading the news! To say that I felt worried would be an understatement. Instead of panicking, I grabbed some lovely yarn, and knit something that I knew would make me smile instantly: a sweater for my sweet Valentine, my droopy-eared chihuhua girl.

I had this ball and a half left of Artful Yarns Heavenly. It was bulky and stripy, in other words, a perfect match for a quick pinwheel sweater. I read the pattern on Elann, quickly cast on and absorbed myself in the peacefulness of the circular knitting...

I did not even have to make any alterations. I placed the leg holes at the appropriate place for Valentine, and stopped the knitting as soon as I judged the sweater was long enough. I seamed the sweater under the belly, and crocheted a row of slip stitches along the armholes!

It took only a few hours, and after that, I felt utterly relaxed and seeing Valentine proudly parading the sweater brought the inevitable smile to my face. After I covered her with kisses, I truly felt that the world had to be the most perfect place...