Dale of Norway Update

It has been an interesting few weeks for Dale of Norway news; first we were told that the pattern booklets would be available only for download. Then Allegro Yarns started offering them for free but apparently they stopped because Dale asked them to only give them away with the purchase of yarn. Then the online Dale of Norway store starting having problems displaying images (I had just ordered some sale booklets from them the previous week!).  I personally started freaking out when I read on Bea Ellis's site (one of my fave Dale retailers) that they would not be taking orders or inquiries until October. I think losing Dale of Norway's yarn and designs would be a HUGE loss for the knitting world.

But fortunately it does look like all is well. The President of Dale's North American operations posted HERE on Ravelry and it looks like each retailer can decide how to distribute the booklets. Woolybaabaa is doing something I like - you buy the booklets for download for $10 and you get a $10 yarn credit. Best of all it looks like Dale is planning on distributing their older booklets via downloads by this fall.



 Isn't it obvious I am in desperate need of more Dale of Norway pattern booklets???