December Color Knitting Links

Wow - I have a LOT of links today. Go grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea first. I tried to focus on holiday knits you can make quickly. If you don't have time to knit but need some gorgeous stranded hand knit items to give as gifts, I highly recommend the Baltic Shop for lovely Latvian mittens, gloves, hats etc. to send to your family and friends.

ETA: Just realized Drops is doing a Christmas Advent type calendar with a free holiday pattern each day. Click HERE each day to see the newest pattern.


FREE PATTERNS

I love Melissa Leapman's Fair Isle Pullover that uses Cascade 220.
Amy Loberg offers these pretty Winter Wonder Mittens that use sport weight yarn.
Eloise Narrigan's Rabbit Knee Socks are meant to be worked flat in intarsia but I might do them in duplicate stitch.
The Mitaines Nuit d'Hiver have a lovely snowy night scene on them and are knit in Palette.
I used to love the Magpies when we lived in Colorado so I adore these cute Magpie Mittens.
I've said before I'm a huge fan of Heather Desserud (I'm working on one of her designs) and she is offering her tenth mitten design, Lotus Mittens, for free.
Kathleen Taylor's Elephant Tam pattern has instructions for an adult and child's version.
Sandra Jager offers these cute Reindeer Socks.
These incredible Dizzy Knee Socks remind me a bit of Lucy Neatby's Paradoxical Mittens.
Lion Brand's Shadows and Light Scarf pattern looks like it will knit up quickly in Aran weight yarn.
Drops 122 offers several free reindeer patterns - knee socks, hat, gloves, and a couple updated reindeer sweaters.
Check out Torirot's adorable Selbu Sea Horse Mittens.



PATTERNS FOR SALE

Sandra Jager's Sleigh Ride Tammy is just perfect for a holiday gift.
Tabitha Rose's Snake Patterns are realistic enough to send a shiver down my spine. You can buy the patterns in an ebook or separately and they'd be a perfect gift for a little boy.
String Theory 2.0 offers these lovely Lotus Flower Gloves using a solid and a variegated yarn.
Lynnette Meek's Eastern Medley ebook offers an interesting variety of colorwork sock techniques.
Galina Carroll's Mittens for Mother combine colorwork with embroidery for a striking mitten.
On Etsy I found these pretty lined Nor'easter Mittens.
Denise's Needleworks has Cynthia Wasner's Wild Blue Horses Cap pattern for sale to match the sweater.

KITS

Kathryn Alexander has a new DooDad scarf kit for sale that uses 32 colors.
It looks like you can buy kits for these Bohus sweaters from the Bohuslan Museum if you email them.


HOLIDAY

Here's a quickie free Christmas Wreath pattern that can work as an ornament or gift topper.
Savannah Cottage offers an O Hannukah! dog sweater pattern for sale with menorahs and dreidels.
For only $4.95 on Etsy you can purchase a pattern for ten of these adorable Jolly Tots Dolls - any of these dolls would be a wonderful stocking stuffer.

EYE CANDY

Here's Pantone's 2010 Fall Color Forecast. I'm not that thrilled with them this year though.
Check out MuzzerZ's Christmas Tree Skirt knit in Cascade 220.
I've talked about Janine's Parcheesi log cabin afghan pattern before but I just  had to show you this version done in sock yarn scraps by Knitorious. Gorgeous!!
Another incredible colorful scrap blanket is debbruskin's Mola Blanket.
Coolest Christmas Stockings ever! Spindleknitter's Patrick's Stocking.
I love Libbyuk's Foolish Virgins Scarf.



I wish it looked like this here today but it is still pretty warm, in the 50's and sunny. Poor Santa is going to keel over from heat exhaustion!