Stash Photos

Well here we are finally at Flash Your Stash Day. In my defense color knitters need a larger stash, my stash is smaller than it used to be, and I'm a fast knitter so I still don't think I've reached SABLE (Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy). Click on any photo to see it larger.

First is a drawer with a few UFOs and some future projects I've kitted up in advance.


And here is my entire stash on the couch. Bottom right is sock yarn, then various worsted weight wools, then the Cascade 220 in round balls, then all my alpaca. Top right is a bin of vintage yarn and some other sport and fingering weight yarns.


Here's a photo a few years old of my stash when I kept most of it in the armoire. I think the stash is about the same size as it was then.


This is a very old photo when my stash was the largest and I kept it in neat cubes. Since then I've given some away to a young knitter who needed her own stash and I've tried to rein in the yarn spending by mainly buying yarns and colors with a specific purpose in mind. Previously I'd find a yarn line I liked and just buy all the colors. 


It seems ironic to announce this on today of all days but I just received an email from Webs that they are having a huge sale for the month of April. Cascade 220 is only $4.95!