I've been knitting for so long that I thought I'd discovered every possible way I can screw up but this is a new one for me.









I checked Last-Minute Knitted Gifts out from the library and decided to do the Airy Scarf. (I'm doing the lace pattern every 4 rows.) I had some handspun laceweight mohair I bought at Taos Wool Festival but imagine my surprise when I noticed how biased the knitted fabric is. It is coming directly off the needles that way. I only thought you could get a bias from a single ply yarn and this is a two-ply. Hmmm. Anyway, we'll call it a "design feature."



Here are some miscellaneous links of interest.



Scroll down HERE for some of the best free baby knitting patterns on the web. I simply have to make the adorable Christmas tree hat!



HERE's an article on sending baked goods to loved ones in the military from the Albuquerque Journal.



DH is one of those delayed gratification people and I need my rewards instantly. Here's an interesting article in Psychology Today about how people like me can break bad habits.



HERE's a reference on shopping and helping your favorite charities at the same time (scroll down on the page). The ones listed are all new to me but I have used Gear that Gives, the store connected to the Animal Rescue/Breast Cancer/Child Hunger Site.



I use tofu for everything these days. I put it in cookies, puddings, pies, spreads, etc., but HERE's a fascinating article that say they're even using it to help mend broken bones.



I've saved the best link for last. I love making gingerbread houses and this web site is serious about their gingerbread. Grab a cup of tea and check out all the wonderful houses (and castles and schools and villages) in the photo gallery.