I will have some items to show you in a few days. DH's truck was broken into yesterday while he was hiking. They broke the lock on the cap, crawled through the back and broke all the windows between the cap and the front of the truck. They took his entire music CD collection, the foster care emergency cell phone, and most importantly his briefcase. He had all the month's bills ready to pay so now I have to contact everyone and figure out what we owe. I've already contacted the credit card companies and our credit union in case they can get any info from the bills.

When the sheriff's dept. was contacted they actually sent a deputy to our house for the insurance claim. I figured you could just do this sort of thing over the phone. I'm waiting to hear if the insurance will reimburse him for the CDs but I doubt it. I know a teacher who had her laptop stolen from her locked car while she was at an Albuquerque hospital emergency room (how nice) and it wasn't reimbursed by her insurance.

I know this isn't really important in the scheme of things - just annoying. DH says he knows other hikers who purposely leave their car doors open (with nothing in them of course) to prevent damage to the vehicles from thieves. It seems then they could take the car itself though. I contacted the ranger station about this - maybe they have some suggestions for those people who prefer to hike without being robbed.

I've started a pair of socks and finished a scarf and 3 skeins of angora for the rabbit rescue. Peaches spent the entire weekend blissfully sleeping on a pile of blankets near the wood stove.