It is still really hot here. Because the house is passive-solar and the sun is now lower in the sky, it just heats up like an oven here toward the end of the afternoon. Peaches is demonstrating one of the fringe benefits of having water bottles full of ice around her to stay cool.

I've started freelance writing again which is why it is taking so long for me to finish projects. Plus DH was out of town and for some reason I never knit when he's gone. I think I'll get back to normal knitting productivity soon though. I am not sure I like the blue mittens I started so now I'm working on a pair in fall colors.

There is an update on Phoenix the rabbit with new photos HERE. The HSUS has set up a $2500 reward to try to catch the person responsible. It sounds like Phoenix is healing and even kicking up his heels a bit.

HERE is a neat group - it is called Stealth Volunteers and is comprised of people who get info about a Katrina animal and use the Internet to find the pet's owners.

And HERE is a fun recipe for making your own herbal moth repellent. I have no clue if it will really work but at least your wool will smell great.