My Himalayan cat Bosco is very ill. (photo above with Peaches) A month ago we took him to the vet and said he was acting strangely by sleeping in the bathtub and licking the brick floors. He'd also lost weight even though he was eating more than usual. The vet could find nothing wrong.

He went again today as he's lost even more weight and having some hind leg stiffness. I'd done some reading and thought it might be diabetes. The vet ruled that out but thinks it may be a brain tumor or his liver. We have to wait for the blood test results. For some reason he started howling and became kind of paralyzed when I went to take him out of the carrier. He seems more alert now and I'm hand-feeding him every few hours.

I really hope they can figure out what is wrong quickly and treat it. At times like this I suppose the best thing to do is be optimistic. In the meantime, I'm trying to get some knitting done. Fortunately I'm at the easy part of Liivi's socks.