I've abandoned the Knitty Manresa socks. I wasn't in the mood to deal with all those really long floats although I do think the end result would have been pretty.

One of the things I love about stranded color knitting (and why I think it is faster knitting for me) is because of the wonderful feeling of flow you get when you have a rhythm going - kind of like cruising on the interstate. I can weave in floats while keeping the flow but when there are over 20 stitches in one color it interrupts the flow for me - more like stop and go traffic. How's that for the strangest knitting analogy you've ever heard?

I think I'll spend this month working on the two pattern booklets and getting my paperwork organized. I know I wrote down the pattern for this kid's hat now I just need to find it. I think it would be fun with some simple knitted flowers added. I donated the hat to the homeless shelter so this photo is currently all I have.




Well on to the cleaning and paperwork if I can tear myself away from the forums with endless Project Runway speculation about who gets kicked off the show tomorrow night.