Vintage Knitting

I love to buy old knitting patterns, the weirder the better, from Laurie at Vintage Knits. My personal fave vintage pattern is one for a tiny knitted golf bag (with clubs!) which I've shown here before.

Often these old booklets have hand-written notes and recipes tucked in them. The front of this one says, "Mildred, I have another like this so keep." Apparently the knitted turban pattern was quite popular in 1962.




This 1961 issue of McCall's Needlework and Crafts shows a living room scene. Do you think many people in 1961 had gravel and ponds in their living rooms?



I love the photo styling for these patterns, don't you?




Check out the wild knitted cottage tea cozy. To the bottom left of the photo is a brown knitted bull. It doesn't really look like a bull but I'm glad I have a pattern for one anyway.