I've been meaning to show you a friend's Navajo rug collection. She purchased these years ago from a weaver named Ruby Begay in Gallup. Ruby spun and dyed all her own yarn and said that she remembered the weaving patterns by singing a song. The first one is a lightning design. I photographed it sideways because I'm thinking about using it for a colorwork knitting chart.

I'm supposed to be knitting a holiday version of the Caledonia socks. Or finishing the socks based on a pair I saw in the North Style catalog. Or trying my hand at knitting a gingerbread man. Or working on a pair of gloves for my booklet. But am I working on any of those things? Noooo.

Instead I started yet another pattern from the Selbustrikk book - Herrevante (men's gloves) No. 14 in Knitpicks Palette. It is just so nice to work on someone else's pattern mindlessly while I'm writing up the technique info for the glove booklet.