I spent the weekend giving up on things.

1. I gave up on the Fendi knock-off gloves I was knitting (on the left). Other than the cuff they just bored me silly and I couldn't figure out how to add more colorwork to keep my interest. I guess I need more color as well. So I've given up. I may use the chart again for another project.

2. The wonderful Selbustrikk cover mittens. The problem is that I can't find a single man who will wear these. They are going to be larger than the hands of the one guy I hoped they'd fit and I can't find another guy who would wear these mittens. I'll continue to see if I can find someone else to give them to.

3. My new Pony Pearls 5.75" metal reinforced dpns in sizes 2.25 and 2.75 mm. I bought these because the Inox/Prym glove needles I usually buy don't come in every size. Unfortunately these particular plastic-coated dpns have the worst tips ever - they are rough and coarse and constantly catch on or split the yarn. I will stick to using 7" dpns in that size no matter how clumsy they are for glove fingers. (I break bamboo and wood dpns in that size.) I may try to sand the tips to make them work better.