Dale of Norway Cardigan

I finally managed to get some sweater photos. This first one is from Dale of Norway - the booklet, number 79, is out of print and this sweater is number 7913. I made it in Heilo and it is so large I wear it as a coat in winter. It is starting to pill but I love it anyway and it is extremely warm.



This was my first steeked sweater and when I was cutting the steeks for the front button band I cut right through to the back of the sweater - about a 2 inch hole. After swearing like a sailor for several minutes I ripped the hole on all sides to make it bigger (ouch!) and then knit back and forth and kitchenered the top and bottom together. You can't tell at all from the outside - it was in the plain stockinette area in the bottom center.



Tomorrow I'll show my favorite sweater of all time, DH's Salt Lake City Dale Olympic ski sweater.