I gave up on the Fair Isle gloves because the tension I was using to get gauge with Palette yarn was hurting my hands.

Instead I started another pair of gloves from my favorite knitting book of the past few years, Selbustrikk (available in Norwegian with some translations from both Arnhild and Nordic Fiber Arts). These are the Herrevante Number 13 (there are four versions of that glove) using size 0 dpns and Knitpicks' Palette to fit my hands. The colors are two of their newer shades - Navy and Tidepool Heather.



I've been madly cooking from some fun new vegan cookbooks I bought. Here we have the zucchini stuffed with millet, tomato, and black olives from Vegan with a Vengeance (not a success with DH), the Spinach Hummus from ExtraVeganZa, and a Tomato and Onion Tart with Garlic Basil Crust. The tart was a huge success as has been everything I've cooked from that book.