I think I am going to make the gloves a bit longer so they almost reach my elbow. I have this silly idea I can finish both gloves this weekend. I know the second sock or mitten or glove always knits up in half the time but I am probably being unrealistic. I'm using Palette and first I need to see if I have another skein of black before I make them longer.

For Melinda and Janey, HERE's the Spin-Off sock book. All the socks in the booklet are knit in handspun and there is quite a variety. The Fireside sock pattern from the booklet, designed as a way to use up a bunch of handspun yarn, is my template for all my thick socks using 2-strands of DK weight yarn. The booklet is well worth the $9.95 price. The full title is Socks: A Special Publication for Knitters and Spinners edited by Rita Buchanan and Deborah Robson. HERE's a photo of the cover.