Last year I read about the 100 mile diet and was inspired to do a local Thanksgiving feast. Unfortunately I couldn't find enough local ingredients to do it. But inspired by the Eat Local Challenge blog, I tried again. To make my life a little easier I expanded my horizons farther than 100 miles and used some local items with non-local ingredients. Still it was more of a challenge than I expected. I usually serve a salad with dinner but I couldn't think of a way to do a salad dressing with local ingredients.

Flour Tortilla - New Mexico Tortilla Company in Santa Fe

Fresh Eggs with Beautiful Orange Yolks - Los Poblanos Organics in Albuquerque (our CSA/Organic Delivery Service)

Montelores Pinto Beans - Dove Creek, Colorado

Hatch Roasted Green Chiles filled with wonderful goat cheese from The Old Windmill Dairy, Moriarty, NM

Green Chile Roll from Fano Bakery in Albuquerque

Everything topped with salsa - orange tomatoes, onions, and garlic from Los Poblanos Organics and jalapenos from my friend Joelle's garden