Inga Hat

Here is the Inga hat. (The free pattern in PDF form is HERE.) It uses Knitpicks' Merino Style DK but I went up to worsted weight wool to fit my large head. I was originally planning on adding more shades of purple in duplicate stitch. The width is perfect for my head but as you can see it is quite long.



I used four colors of stash wool but it is kind of hard to tell.



Surprisingly DH says he wants the hat. I am amazed he's willing to wear periwinkle. He insists the hat should be worn smooshed down as shown below.



My next project is a speed project. I'm going to immediately start the Put-It-All-Together Gloves from the book Kristin Knits in a zillion colors of Cascade 220. It is currently 4:30 pm Saturday and I'm vowing to have these to show you by Monday night. This should be easy to accomplish as they're knit in thick yarn and I will be watching tons of baseball between now and then.

Now I'm off to collect all our candles. We're celebrating Earth Hour by turning off the lights tonight between 8 and 9 pm.