I've been furiously cleaning the house looking for my amethyst necklace shown above. DH bought it for me for our anniversary last month from the Sundance Catalog and it had this unusual handmade clasp that was partially open. I wore it constantly so I have absolutely no clue how it disappeared. I need to stop thinking about it and just go ahead and replace it. Of course that will be when the first necklace finally shows up but I can always get a jeweler to make me a matching bracelet.





Here is the fingering weight hemp from Elann. I'm going to use these colors to make a small stranded bag. I'm pretty happy with the shininess of this yarn.









Here's the Pakucho naturally-colored cotton. (Yes, I dearly need to get a tripod.) It hurts my hands just to think about knitting with it. I have read the colors darken with washing so I'm going to go ahead and pre-wash each skein several times to see if I can't soften it a bit before knitting. I'm not sure what I'm going to make with it - maybe some thick legwarmers.

In the comments Kayla W mentioned a yarn made from corn silk so I've added that to the list of fun yarns to try this summer. It is called Maizy and is made by Crystal Palace. It has elastic in it so I will make some colorwork socks.

And in other news, I just realized the Tomato color of Knitpicks' Wool of the Andes has been discontinued. It was the color I was using for the Great American Aran Afghan and it serves me right for taking so long to finish. Tomorrow I'll post all of the squares I've finished and some of my options at this point since I only have a few more skeins of the yarn.