Today's FO is courtesy of DH. I asked him to make me a basic dresser for my birthday and here it is several months late. It truly is amazing he makes anything at all because he doesn't have a garage or workshop so he has to do everything outside. It rained a lot this summer which put him off schedule.



Really though the dresser was just a vehicle for the incredible knobs - these are the Mediterranean Italy knobs from Anthropologie. Every time I go in that store I start dreaming of ways to use up some of those gorgeous knobs and handles.



Thanks so much for your help on my basic wool yarn list! I have mainly been going by the listings at Yarndex and Ravelry for whether or not a yarn is machine washable and what weight it is. It is an inexact science though - Reynold's Whiskey is listed as 3 different weights at 3 different sites.

After I went through Yarndex I started adding in the yarn lines from small mills and now I'm trying to add in some more Canadian and European lines. The list keeps growing as I get more suggestions and it currently has almost 80 yarns listed. The list is on Ravelry HERE and there are links to each yarn's Ravelry page so you can easily find vendors for the yarns. I will make a second list soon with all the yarns great for colorwork that don't fit into the original categories (machine washable, sock yarns, blends, other fibers, etc.) and for that I'm just going to list only those yarns that are specifically recommended by knitters.