I have always dreamt of a place where enormous rabbits run around willy-nilly. Apparently that place is the UK.

Two Police Officers Given the Run-Around by Giant White Rabbit

Isn't he adorable? I showed the article to Bubbles and asked her if we could adopt him but she is understandably worried that he will eat all the dark leafy greens in a 50 mile radius.




Despite already having 456,782 pairs of hand-knit mittens, I've always wanted a pair of fuzzy light colored mittens. I knit up the same mitten pattern DH was shown wearing recently in Elann's worsted weight alpaca (exact same needle sizes) and I like the result (still wet from blocking).

I also found an error in the pattern which made me realize I'm rushing my upcoming mitten booklet so I am purposely slowing down. I want to knit all the patterns twice to check for errors and show each of the five mitten designs in two color combos. At this point I don't think it will be done until May but it will hopefully be error-free with the best photographs I can muster.

This weekend I'm going to see if I can get DH to make a video of me doing this simple braid on the cuff to show you here.




I just sent $250 to the Colorado House Rabbit Society from my booklet and pattern sales. I'm aiming for a total donation of $1000 this year. In 2008 I made about as much as I did in 2007 despite adding many new patterns so I will try to just keep the same donation number from the previous two years. I'd love to send more because their annual vet bills alone are $40,000 a year and more pet rabbits are being relinquished to shelters than ever so we'll see.