Mittens in Color Booklet

Saturday I tried to take mitten photos on some interesting rocks inspired by Anna Zilboorg's Magnificent Mittens book. We live on what they call the green side of the mountain but the other side of the mountain reminds me a bit of the Sonoran desert so we headed there.

We went to a wonderful hiking/biking area called Embudito Canyon. My online Spanish dictionary says that embudito means little funnel.




It was quite sunny and we really searched for a tiny bit of shade. Even with shade the mittens are a bit washed out but you can see the cool rocks.



The bright sun and beautiful temperatures in the 60's made us a bit loopy so DH staged this photo to tell a story. He said the cactus was going to attack him but the mittens were keeping him safe. And they say I'm the wacky one in this relationship!




These rocks really are beautiful so maybe we'll try to get back on a cloudy day. It is amazing that you can find so many different types of moss and lichen in a dry sunny area.




I have 3 more mitten designs that I need to knit and write up for the booklet. One is almost done and one is a children's mitten so I hope it will be done soon.