Jemez Springs

I have so many photos from our road trip yesterday I'm going to divide them into 2 blog posts. We wanted to get out and about and I brought some mittens from the mitten booklet along to photograph.

We first went to my favorite place in New Mexico, Jemez Springs. My photos never seem to do justice to all the beautiful colors of the landscape. Jemez Springs is right past the Jemez Indian Pueblo and there are signs up that you're not allowed to take photographs at the pueblo. Actually on the sign it also said "No Sketching" which I thought was amusing.



This is Soda Dam just north of Jemez Springs.



Here is a fingerless mitten knit in 2 colors of Palette photographed in front of Fenton Lake.




I'm so glad we checked out Fenton Lake before hauling our canoe there because while pretty it really isn't large enough for canoeing. Plus I can only imagine how crowded it gets during warmer weather - there is only access on one side and even on a cloudy snowy day there were many fishermen out.




Lately everywhere I go in New Mexico has landscapes altered by wildfire. Amazingly there were 2 houses right in the middle of all the burnt trees and they did not look affected.