Picking Up Stitches Around a Thumb, Pt. 2

Next I closely look at my knitting to determine exactly where the first stitch in the cast on edge is located. It is important to get this right to have a nice finished look. In this photo I put an orange line to show you where the first stitch is found - on the left of the line.




When picking up stitches I use my left thumb to slightly push up the cast on edge and I pick up the first complete stitch immediately under the cast on edge. I used orange arrows below to show you exactly where I'll be picking up sts.




Another view of the process of picking up sts. I always look closely to make sure I'm picking up the stitch right in the center of the stitch.




This is the side of the thumb so you can see the stitch I picked up along the side.





Okay I'm off to answer questions in the comments. Whew - updating two blogs in one day with lots of photos that need dealing with is quite time-consuming. I think I'll do them on different days from now on.