Lavender in the Village Festival

I'm finishing up a freelance assignment and then I'll get right to work on the list of worsted weight sock links. Also, I hope to have an actual pair of socks to show soon but I know that July is always my worst month for completed FOs.

Today we attended the Lavender in the Village festival in Los Ranchos de Albuquerque. Most of it took place at Los Poblanos which includes an inn and one of the farms for our CSA Los Poblanos Organics. In the distance you can see folks picking their own bunches of lavender. It smelled wonderful! We also managed to get to another festival location, Casa Rondena Winery, for some lavender sangria.



In the center is Farmer Monte, the mastermind for our wonderful year-round CSA. I was late to his farm tour but I believe he said that we now have 1800 members and that he employs 15-18 farmers.



One of the most popular attractions at Los Poblanos was this beautiful display of water lilies.




The local House Rabbit rescuers manned a booth at the festival also. Thank you Criss, Cathy, and Clara and all the other volunteers for all your hard work this summer capturing rabbits, fostering rabbits, driving rabbits across the country, fundraising, etc.