The Usual Summer Knitting Funk

Every July I go through the same thing. I stop knitting and assume it is permanent and that I should quit blogging. I no longer even have the concentration for stranded work. Amazingly even the thought of buying yarn turns me off! Of course the problem is just the New Mexico desert heat and by the end of August I'm passionate about stranded color knitting again.

Until my knitting funk goes away I'll just knit the boring plain part of the first Dale of Norway Whistler sleeve. In case you feel the same way this time of year I have a few inspiring links for you:

Check out MariannAn's incredible colorwork on Ravelry! Especially the breathtaking socks based on the pattern from Tudor Roses - that may be my favorite Ravelry project of the year.

I am always a fan of Robyn's patterns at Red Bird Knits but the design of this Nordic sock inspired by Robert Frost turns me on even more than her other patterns. At Patternfish I also found the pattern for this incredible sweater To Knit for the Sun from Kristin Nicholas. I may make it for myself in Cascade 220 in neutrals. (I do prefer the original colors but I tend to look best in more subdued stuff.) I love, love, love that the sleeves are different.

Finally, Homespun Handknit is returning in October! Actually it looks like a completely different book with the same premise and lots of stranded projects. If I use it 10% as much as the original it will be worth the purchase. Also here is an upcoming book about Norwegian style knits with lots of small patterns.

If you have any colorwork inspiration to add, PLEASE post it in the comments! I need all the knitting inspiration I can find at this time of year.

Here's my final pair of red Easy Scrunchie socks done in Wool of the Andes in tomato red. I'm still sad they discontinued the color (I'd started my Great American Aran Afghan with it which will now be turned into pillows.)