DH Wearing Too Many Handknits

Here's DH wearing a variety of my handknits for his Halloween office party. He said he was an Olympic snowboarder?!?!

He's wearing the Dale of Norway SLC sweater, the Dale Lake Louise headband I just finished around his neck, some Nordic mittens I made from an out-of-print Japanese book about Scandinavian knitting, cross-country ski socks I improvised using storebought handspun and patterns from an  Elizabeth Zimmermann book, and finally a helmet hat that is at least 10 years old using my own handspun from Peace Fleece wool. I think that hat pattern was in an old issue of Knitter's. The hat is his favorite and he really likes it for sitting around a fire on backpacking trips with the guys.



I still adore the Salt Lake City Olympic sweater - it really was my favorite knit of all time.



Unfortunately not a single one of these patterns is still in print. I just found out the Dale Commemorative Collection booklet with the Whistler sweater (and the headband he's wearing around his neck) and the Japanese booklet of Nordic patterns are no longer available. However I did find this interesting Japanese booklet of stranded hats. I think by adding in shipping it would be almost $30 here so I'm probably going to pass.