Updates





Here's the view today here. Brrrrrr.  I don't know if you noticed but I'm taking down the blurbs about a percentage of the profits from my booklets and patterns going to nonprofit rabbit rescue. I will still donate but I can't estimate how much any longer so I thought I'd stop advertising that fact. I donated $1000 to the House Rabbit Society in each of 2007 and 2008 but it will only be $600 for 2009.

Recently Lulu announced they were taking an extra $1.50 from each pattern PDF. Plus I need to upgrade to the CreateSpace Pro Plan so my technique booklets can finally be sold wholesale. As of January 1st, 2010 I'm going to raise all my individual pattern prices by $1.00 on Lulu, Ravelry, and Patternfish. This only affects the .PDF version of the patterns and not the print versions. The price on the multi-pattern and technique booklets will remain the same. I'll let you know when the stranded color knitting and glove knitting booklets are available wholesale for retailers.

We just started three new KALs on Ravelry's Stranded Forum using free Drops patterns - a pair of knee socks, a pair of socks in 3 colors, and a pair of Nordic mittens. Come join us - these KALs are especially great for knitters new to working with 2 colors per row because there are lots of people there to help you with any question you might have. All the KALs last through the end of January and use DK weight yarn so there should be plenty of time to finish a project.

HOLIDAY KNITTING LINKS

Knitting gingerbread houses for charity

Knitting your own tinsel

Gift tags for knitters you can print out

Fiber Trends cute felt birdhouse ornaments

Judy's Colors stranded Christmas Stocking Kits with some new styles this year

Free pattern for Cat and Dog Holiday Ornaments