Chamrousse Cashmere Gloves


I have an amazing talent for always choosing colors that are impossible to photograph accurately. I finally gave up getting it right for these gloves and just went with the photos that looked the best. I'm calling these the Chamrousse Cashmere Gloves - years ago I spent a day in beautiful Chamrousse, France trying in vain to learn how to ski. Instead I got a hair cut and had a great day.


These gauntlet gloves use 3 skeins of Elann's Peruvian Baby Cashmere - they feature a peasant thumb, tapered ribbing and an I-cord bow through an eyelet row. They are the simplest glove pattern I've ever done and I wish I had time to knit another pair in black. They come in two sizes and the photos show the small size. The pattern is currently available at Lulu (print and .PDF version) and at Ravelry and Patternfish. I decided I liked the bow better on the inside of the wrists rather than outside.



And finally, here is a photo closer to the actual color (claret).