Nothing But Links



In September Alice Starmore's Aran Knitting book will be reprinted; it has a new cover and the blurb says it is expanded. I think I'll wait to hear about the expanded part to determine if I should buy another copy. The photo above is a close-up from my St. Enda sweater from the book; the finished sweater turned out large enough for DH and I to fit into it at the same time!

GLOVES

I wanted to link to the work of a wonderful glove designer, Asa Tricosa. I am especially in love with her Io Gloves.

COLORWORK

HERE is a free pattern for a pretty Latvian hat pattern that uses Satakieli yarn.

Check out Cynthia Wasner's (cwoz on Ravelry) Norsk Needlework site. I am especially in love with her Quaker Sampler sweater with matching mittens.

I don't recall how I even found EvaL8 on Flickr but check out the embroidered felted mittens at the bottom of the page. If you scroll through her photos you'll also find some wonderful stranded shawls.

I greatly enjoy Johanne Landin's Born to Knit blog. She designs colorwork accessories patterns and lives in Sweden. The blog is in English and contains beautiful photos.

HERE is Jorid Linvik's pattern shop - she does a lot of wonderful stranded designs featuring animals. I love her cat socks.

Jessica Tromp is offering a beautiful stranded cardigan pattern for free; the Noors Vest uses DK weight yarn.

I'm considering making these spectacular Nordic Kathrine socks by Ellen Haugland the next time I'm in the mood to knit socks.

This free pattern for the La Gran Fair Isle pillow is a good stash buster and it only uses 2 colors per row.


PATTERNS FOR CHARITY

P/HOP stands for Pennies for Hours of Pleasure and is a knitting fundraiser for Doctors without Borders. They have a few pretty stranded sock patterns and you decide how much you want to donate when you download the pattern.