Book Stash Enhancement

I recently received both Think Outside the SOX and the Joy of Sox. I'm really glad I added the Joy of Sox to the order because that is the book I'll be using most. The Joy of Sox has more stranded patterns I like but Think Outside the Sox features some socks with interesting construction. The Jungle socks in Think Outside the Sox are done in a mixture of stranding and intarsia in the round which sounds fun. I prefer colorwork with solid color yarns but the lovely stranded Snow Under Cedars Socks in Think Outside the SOX use two multi-colored yarns with beautiful results.



In a separate order I bought Color by Kristin by Kristin Nicholas because I need to make her Marrakesh Market Pillows. I know I'll use it a lot because I like doing colorwork with worsted weight yarn and I have a nice stash of Cascade 220.
 
I am also waiting on three soon-to-be-published books. The first book is Norwegian Patterns for Knitting which will be available June 25th. As soon as I realized the author was Mette Handberg I knew I had to purchase it. Mette is the designer of many Dale of Norway designs I like including the famous polar bear sweater and the foxes sweater. The cardigan shown below that I knit in Heilo is also one of her designs. Best of all, from the Knit Picks preview it looks like there are a couple of men's sweaters that are stranded throughout that I can make for DH. No more boring plain sections!



I pre-ordered two books through Amazon. Around the World in Knitted Socks by Stephanie Van Der Linden will be released in September and promises to have many delectable stranded patterns. I combined it with Alice Starmore's re-release of Aran Knitting: New and Expanded Edition due out at the same time to get free super saver shipping. I already have Aran Knitting but the new book is supposed to have two new designs.