A Few September Links for Color Knitters

I'm still terribly behind on work - I'm already a week behind on my hat for Knit Picks. I am not able to attend Taos Wool Festival this weekend so I hope those of you attending will have extra fun for me.

I do have a few links for you and I hope to be back to normal soon. I have a ton of stuff I want to post about dealing with floats in stranded color knitting. Plus I have several new books to review.

LINKS FOR COLOR KNITTERS

I absolutely love Lorraine Condotta's  Scare Isle tam in the new Knitty with ghosts and spiders.

Some charts and German instructions for a beautiful sweater - the design reminds me a bit of Dale of Norway's Kashmir sweater.

Here's another blank mitten chart you can print out for making your own color design. This one comes in three sizes and is for fingering weight yarns.

Has anyone ordered Colorwork Creations: 30+ Patterns to Knit Gorgeous Hats, Mittens and Gloves by Susan Anderson-Freed? I think I am going to wait for the Kindle version. (The photos won't be in color on the Kindle but they should be if I transfer the book to my PC using the Kindle for PC software.)

Another new stranded book I'm going to order is Kathleen Taylor's Fearless Fair Isle Knitting. Amazon doesn't give a date though.

I did two quick surveys on Ravelry that are proving interesting. How do you hold the yarns in stranded color knitting? and How do you deal with floats in stranded color knitting? Be sure to read the comments in the floats survey - there is some interesting stuff there.

Knit Picks has a new kit, the Falling Stars kit, for a Bohus inspired sweater and hat, and it is under $35.


Well back to the grindstone!