November Color Knitting Links

An FO from years ago - Turkish socks from the Zilboorg book


November Color Knitting Links

Bea Ellis Knitwear, one of my favorite sources for Norwegian patterns and yarns, seems to be gone for good now; previously there was just a message on the web site that they'd return Oct 2010.

Two Swans Yarns is now offering color cards for Jamieson's Shetland yarns. 

Jamieson & Smith, the other purveyors of Shetland wool, have an interesting blog. Check out the winners of the Shetland sheep photo contest.

I like to have a simple colorwork project going at all times, one that is easily memorized, to balance out the more complicated stuff. This Sandnes unisex pullover looks like it would fit the bill without a lot of solid color knitting.

I was alerted to the fun Night of the Lepus socks in my comments - you have to join the Google Super Sock Scarefest to get the free pattern - but they are a good project for those of us who are owned by bunnies.

Anne Carroll Gilmour, who wrote the Happy Trails sock book, offers a free pattern for Ring-Toss Stash Busting Scrap Socks that look like a lot of fun. If I can hunt down enough colors, I plan to make these for the December Stashbuster Sockdown challenge in Ravelry's Sock Knitter's Anonymous group. Also, I am thrilled to find out she has the pattern for her incredible cabled Teampall Breachain hat available on Ravelry. I think I'll tackle the hat after the holidays.

I just started the La Joie du Printemps mittens in alpaca when I also fell in love with Heather Desserud's Moulin Rouge mittens. She's such a talented designer!

Drops is offering a Christmas workshop by putting all their free holiday patterns in one place. Most of the patterns look like nice quick knits for last-minute holiday knitting.

I may have linked to this before but I love the free pattern for the children's Starry Nights sweater so much it is worth mentioning twice. There's an informal KAL for it HERE.

With the much-awaited re-release of Poetry in Stitches, Nordic Fiber Arts is offering yarn packs for each of the sweaters in the book.

I just discovered the Just Batty Knee Socks - the bat design would work for Halloween or if, like me, you just like bats.

My favorite recent Ravelry project is ableramm's Adult Charms and Amulet Jacket - an interpretation of Debbie New's Tam Jacket in a zillion colors. Beautiful!!

It looks like there are some upcoming books I can look forward to - Favorite Sock Patterns from Around the World featuring patterns by Nancy Bush and Anna Zilboorg to name a few and Kathleen Taylor's Fearless Fair Isle Knitting.