Three Pairs of Socks

I finished these socks during the World Series. I am trying to find more patterns for thicker socks and I'm hoping to make more of the lovely free Drops patterns 



The first pair are 116-42 Socks with a Pattern in Karisma and some Elann Highland Peruvian sport weight. I did an afterthought heel and added some corrugated ribbing.


The second pair are 0-566 Socks with Christmas Pattern. The original pattern used just the red and white colors and I wish I hadn't added the green. Oh well. I did my usual heel and an abbreviated toe.


For these socks I was trying to see if I could get away with just two balls of Elann's Peruvian Highland Wool (worsted) for some hiking socks for DH. Apparently not as he said he prefers 10 inches of ribbing. Also, looking at this photo I realized I need to make the heel flap longer for his socks next time. I used size 4 dpns and 48 sts and went from there.