Trondheim Headband and lots of KALs


Pretty boring for the first FO of the year but I needed a headband and I wanted to test out Cascade 220 sport as a substitute in Dale of Norway patterns. Unfortunately my gauge wasn't anything close to the gauge specified for the pattern (Nagano) so it is back to the drawing board. I do love Heilo which was the yarn specified but it is expensive and I want a greater number of colors to choose from.

I'm working on some mosaic socks from one of the Charlene Schurch sock books for the Sock Knitter's Anonymous January challenge. Also, I still have to get to work on the sample showing all the different ways to deal with long floats.

I have a few color knitting announcements that can't wait until I get around to doing this month's links. First of all Mary (fiberfanatic1 on Ravelry) is putting together color cards for Knit Picks' Palette. For $5 plus $6 shipping you'll get 5 yards of each of 100 colors of Palette yarn. Go HERE for the original message and to sign up. She needs 40 participants to make Round 4 work. 

Also, the I Make Mittens group on Ravelry is conducting several KALs (knitalongs) of interest. They currently have the NaKnitMitMo for January where they're doing a specially designed mitten by SpillyJane with some colorwork on the cuff. They are also doing a Zilboorg Top-Down Mitten KAL and an 11Mittensfor2011 challenge. There's all sorts of info on the message board HERE.

And did I tell you about our current KALs on the Stranded forum? I honestly can't remember. There are two KALs going on right now that you can sign up for - one for the lovely stranded Thistle Shawl by Ann/Pinneguri and one for the Caller Herrin Tam KAL which uses six colors of fingering weight yarn.