I won yarn again!

I also won some yarn for July's Sockdown Challenge at Sock Knitter's Anonymous (in addition to the yarn prizes for July's SKA Scavenger Hunt). I initially turned it down but the list moderator Debi insisted since my name came up twice for the July challenge and it is apparently very difficult to win the SKA prizes. So instead I'm going to donate a sock ebook (the wonderful Silk Road Socks) for the winner's of next month's challenge. And if you knit socks, definitely check out participating in the Ravelry group Sock Knitter's Anonymous monthly challenges so you can win prizes too.



I got to choose the yarn colors for my prize. The yarn is called Transitions by Stone Barn Fibers and the shade is Summer Solstice. It is dyed so that the finished socks will have yellow cuffs and orange feet. I can't wait to knit with it!



I also have been doing more stash enhancement. I bought most of the Panda Soy and Maizy solid colors I could find now that they're discontinued and some more Esprit for socks for  myself. On the left you can see the gorgeous color of yarn I'm currently knitting with (Miss Babs Yummy Hand-Painted Superwash in Crazy E).  I'm knitting the Crystalline Socks for a girlfriend with small feet and hope to finish this weekend.

Well back to work. I'm participating in a blogging challenge for the month of October on my cooking blog where you're supposed to post either every day or every weekday. I'm trying to get some of the work done in advance so I don't go completely crazy.