My Least Attractive FO


.
This may be my ugliest FO but I'm hoping it is one of the most used. This is only the second time I've ever knit for a pet but I had a lot of alpaca scraps to use up. Bubbles loves her beds so I thought she could use a handmade version. As far as I can tell Bubbles started out as a breeder in a feed store then she was the victim of an animal attack. She is missing one toe (you can kind of see in the photo below) and has another paw that is a bit wonky looking. She languished for over a year waiting to be adopted included I think at least 3 months in Petco in a large fish tank. No one wanted her because she is white and not as cute as the lops and lionhead bunnies.




She's been with us three years and DH and I fall in love with her more each day. In fact this is the only time we've had just one pet but Bubbles prefers not to share her house with other pets. (My sweet senior citizen cat Jack used to stalk her and hide behind doors and scare her so when he went to cat heaven Bubbles was thrilled.) I used the free Snug Harbor Pet Bed pattern and three strands of some scrap DK alpaca with a size 10 1/2 (US) circ. I think I accidentally omitted a few of the purl rows. I used about 3/4 of a bag of tightly rolled up polyester Fiberfill for the edges. My bed is about 20" in diameter.



Bubbles thinks this new bed works really well as a food dish!