Knit One Crochet Too's Wick Yarn


Here's my first Christmas finished project - a pair of basic boring hiking socks for DH. I used size 4 (US) dpns and 48 sts but I wish I'd used thinner needles. The yarn is Wick by Knit One Crochet Too and it is a soy/polypropylene blend. It looks like they market this yarn specifically for hiking socks because the polypropylene wicks away moisture. The color I used is called Cream but it does have a butter yellow tinge which I hope picky DH won't mind. I used about 2 1/2 skeins for these socks that have his required 8" of K2P2 ribbing.

The most amazing thing about this yarn is that is is springy like wool. (As opposed to super springy like Cascade Fixation or Elann Esprit cotton/elastic blends.) I have no idea why this yarn is springy but I read the Ravelry projects for this yarn and apparently it is the soy??


Here's a close-up of the yarn. It looks a bit like unspun roving with very thin threads in it. It was a joy to knit with and I can't wait to buy more colors to do a stranded project. It is listed as a worsted weight but I think I'll consider it a sport weight when deciding on future projects. I don't know yet how it washes up. I bought mine at Yarnmarket. (Note: K1C2 also makes a thinner yarn called Pediwick but it is a bamboo/nylon blend.)