I have so much to do this week. All I want to do is sit and knit and read through some interesting macrobiotic books I found at the library.

I love Anna Zilboorg's color combos. I'm working on a relatively plain pair of socks but using the colors from one of her designs. It is an easy way to come up with a color scheme if you have enough colors in your stash.

This photo is from her book Magnificent Mittens. I've been meaning to show it to you because if you look at the vertical stripes in the mitten's cuffs, you can see that she inadvertently switched which yarn is held in front. In my two-handed color knitting, I always hold the background color (the color I want to fade away) in my right hand and the color I want to be prominent in my left hand. (The theory behind this is that when you do two-color knitting the stitches made by your left hand will be larger and more noticeable. IF you're right handed to being with.) In cases where the colors change very frequently and there isn't a clear background and foreground color, I hold the lighter color in my right hand for uniformity.