You know I'm always whining about the total lack of any new knitting patterns that turn me on. The last color knitting book I purchased was over a year ago and the last knitting book I purchased was about 8 months ago. I used to gobble up knitting books on a monthly basis.

There are millions of quick/beginner/easy/simple/bulky/fast/hip/dummies/knit a sweater in an hour type of knitting books at bookstores today but publishers have forgotten the rest of us. So when I found THIS book I practically had a heart attack. It is currently on its way to my greedy little hands. I have to knit that wonderful purse on the cover.

Then I searched Amazon and found out about some upcoming books. Nancy Bush and Charlene Schurch have new sock books coming out, Vicki Square has Folk Hats, Robin Hansen supposedly has a mitten book that has all the designs from her previous books, Nicky Epstein has a book just on knitted flowers, and Melanie Falick's long-awaited book of holiday handknits should be published shortly.

My credits cards just ran shrieking from the room.