Spring has sprung here in the mountains. I have peas, dill (for Peaches), and spinach growing already and I plan to start more seeds this week. Our lilac bush should bloom soon. I saw my first hummingbird of the season and Peaches keeps a close watch at the windows for the many cottontail bunnies hanging out in the yard.

I've also been spinning. Here is the angora I've done so far for the Colorado House Rabbit Society. I estimate I'm halfway done and hope to finish up by the end of the month.




The last skeins of angora sent to them were knit into a scarf and auctioned off at a charity event. The director wanted to buy the scarf for the girl who knit it. The girl who knit it wanted to buy the scarf for herself. The director had to leave momentarily so her boyfriend bid for the scarf. He was bidding against the girl who knit it and bidding went over $100. When he won and gave it to the director, she exclaimed that now she could give it to the girl who wanted it. Her boyfriend was crestfallen she didn't want the scarf for herself. So she kept it but felt bad she inadvertently hurt both her boyfriend and the girl who knit it.

Once I'm done spinning there will be plenty for at least 3 scarves this time. Peaches has to thoroughly inspect any rabbit fur I'm working with first of course.