June is traditionally my least prolific month in the knitting department. So what is the best thing to do for more inspiration and motivation? Come on, you all know the answer.

BUY MORE YARN!



I have decided that I need more colors in the yarn stash. I don't have the storage space for a zillion colors of three or four weights of yarn so I've chosen worsted weight. I actually prefer socks and mittens in worsted weight because they're warmer and it saves time when I'm designing my own projects. I'm now going to try to collect all the colors of both Wool of the Andes and Peruvian Highland Wool. I think that will be enough colors to work with for any purpose.

Tomorrow, June 23, is Best Friends Day. The world's largest animal sanctuary is asking everyone to perform one act of kindness for animals to celebrate. I donated again to the Elephant Sanctuary in Hohenwald, Tennessee. It does my heart good to see all the retired zoo and circus elephants romping around in 2700 acres of beautiful land. I love getting their email newsletter and am also totally addicted to the Elecam and enjoy checking in to see what the elephants are up during the day. Watching them goof off and roll around in the pond is absolutely hilarious.