Caspian Sea Socks




Here are the Caspian Sea Socks done in size 3 dpns and Merino Style DK yarn from Knitpicks. These socks were just a complete comedy of errors. First of all I accidentally shaved off four rows between one of the motifs on the foot. No problem - I did the second one the same way and will just call it a design feature. Then I ran out of green yarn and couldn't find any other similar colors. So the heels are different colors.

Then I finished the second sock and realize I actually put the waste yarn for the heel on the front of the sock. I didn't feel like ripping out the whole foot so I removed the waste yarn and kitchenered the two sides together. So I snipped a thread and removed a row from the heel sides to insert the peasant heel.

The fit is decent but I prefer my usual sock heel. I do like this yarn for socks and plan to get more. It is soft and feels really well-cushioned with all the stranding.