Here's a dark photo of my teapot collection nestled among the dried lentils and beans. The black and white cat one is my newest and favorite although it drips when it pours. The green one second from the left has bunnies and carrots sculpted on it.



Despite Blogger's insistence that my blog would not be changed in any way, upgrading to the new version of Blogger has resulted in my archives disappearing. I'll try to figure it out later this week.

I know I should be knitting gloves but I started Priscilla Gibson-Roberts' Caspian Sea Socks. If you go to Knitting Daily and do the free registration you can get her free pattern. I am apparently incapable of knitting any of PGR patterns the way she writes them so I am doing it top down with extra colors.






There are some three color rows on the cuff with a braided edging. I plan to add the extra colors on the foot via duplicate stitch. I'm using Knitpicks Merino DK and I went up to size 3 dpns for the foot to ensure they'll be long enough for my size 9 foot.

These socks have a peasant heel - it is worked similar to a peasant thumb where you put in some waste yarn while knitting then add the heel later. I'm not especially fond of the fit of these heels but the pattern for the bottom of the foot was so cool I'm going to do the heels her way.