I always enjoy looking back at the year and reviewing my knitting projects. My proudest accomplishment is the Glove Knitting booklet. It was such a pain, in fact, that I've promised myself to never do another technique booklet. Or at least not until I forget how much of a pain the Glove Knitting booklet was! Since its publication in April it has sold 210 copies.

My favorite knitting project: the Sea Mineral Mittens. Every now and then all the colors in a project just come together perfectly and they really did for these mittens.


My 2008 Knitting Resolutions:

1. I resolve to knit and design more colorful socks. I already have a zillion gloves and mittens but I always need socks. I want to do a bunch in Cascade 220.
2. I resolve to design a colorwork ski band for DH. He wants something to wear under his Red Sox hat.
3. I resolve to finish the *&^% Great American Afghan at long last. Unfinished projects really weigh on me and this one absolutely needs to get done.
4. I resolve to again donate over $1000 to the Colorado House Rabbit Society from knitting pattern and booklet sales. The CO HRS adopts out hundreds of pet rabbits a year to good homes.
5. I resolve not to buy any more yarn other than my main color lines - Cascade 220, Palette, and Nature Spun. Unless of course someone comes up with a new inexpensive line of wool yarn in a zillion colors.
6. I resolve to continue to try to take better photos of my colorwork projects and to try to get more up-close technique photos.
7. I resolve to always appreciate all the blessings I have in my life including my abundant yarn stash, the free time to knit it up, and all the wonderful people who read my blog and continue to inspire me.
Happy New Year to everyone! I'll be back in 2008. There's a very good chance I'll be showing you a new furry friend and the new blog mascot in my next post.