I am so very grateful to the hundreds of you who have left me emails, comments on the blog, and on Ravelry. Peaches obviously was the celebrity she always thought she was! Having pet rabbits really helps you learn to live fully and enjoy the moment because they don't often live as long as dogs and cats and because they mask illness and can leave you suddenly. Even though her life was too short we both agree that Peaches was lucky to live here with us because we let her be herself and didn't mind that she wasn't as affectionate as other rabbits.

When we first got Peaches I called her the wallflower because she was always on the perimeter of the room and never part of the household action. But she slowly warmed up to us and loved being the center of attention. I was hoping she'd be here for Christmas though. A week ago I was wrapping some presents on the floor and she snuck up behind me and started ripping up some gifts I'd wrapped so I was planning on Christmas Eve to put all the gifts on the floor and let her open some presents.

Right after my wonderful DH got done burying our beautiful brown-eyed Peaches in a big snowstorm, he told me he knows we need to get another rabbit soon because I love them so much. We reacted briefly to the sadness of it all but we are both now looking forward to adopting a new bunny after the holidays. There are always plenty of wonderful rabbits out there who desperately need good homes which I try to remember at times like this.

I have found an unexpected source of healing - power yoga. I've always thought that the yoga idea that you store emotions in your body was malarkey but I'm seeing things differently now. On the new Veria channel I've been working along to Yoga for Life with Kurt Johnsen of American Power Yoga. I normally live in my head so the idea that something really physical can improve me this much mentally is a new one. Learning to deal with life's difficulties without letting it affect my health negatively is really crucial and the instructor talks about that a lot in the classes.

And to try to lighten the mood around here I thought I'd show the photo from the time we mistakenly let Peaches have the newspaper first and the one time Peaches jumped up on the futon with Jack.