Arctic Spring Mittens



I have really been trying hard to not use so many bright colors but this hot pink alpaca magically jumped into my shopping cart as bright colors always seem to do around me. This is my second pair of Arctic Spring Mittens (on Ravelry HERE). In my defense, I really tried to tame the hot pink by using darker colors on the cuff but this color (Carmine Pink, Elann's Pure Alpaca Fina) won't be tamed. The other colors are Spruce, Everglades, and Alpine Violet.

These mittens are even brighter in person. I was planning on giving these away for a holiday gift but I'm not sure I can part with them.



I am seriously in love with this yarn for stranded color knitting. I already have plans to knit a pair of gloves, some Nordic mittens from my beloved Norwegian Rauma Selbustrikk booklet, and perhaps even some Christmas stockings.