I hope to have the completed fingerless mitts from bamboo yarn to show you tomorrow. Next on the agenda is a pair of heart-themed mittens in Karaoke which is made from soy silk (tofu manufacturing leftovers I guess.) Also, this week I want to do a series of posts on how to create your own stranded knitting patterns - I just need to gather all the links.

Go check out these gorgeous mitten kits from Finland. All the yarns are naturally-dyed with plants and mushrooms. I'm really trying to resist by telling myself I already have 45 million pairs of stranded mittens and that it is currently the middle of June in the hot desert.

I have to get busy cooking. Every Sunday I work hard to use up the fruits and veggies from the previous week because on Mondays we get the next box of organic goodies from our CSA (community-supported agriculture). To find a CSA near you check out Local Harvest. Here's a photo of the contents of one of our recent boxes. Our wonderful CSA, Los Poblanos Organics, is a year-round CSA with items from regional organic farms. That yellow watermelon was seriously good.



And here is some more New Mexico sunset action for you.