Here's the very beginning of the Whistler sweater. DH vetoed my idea of using a different pattern for the sleeve edgings. I can't remember the last time I knit a sweater (it has been around 10 years I think) so I'm not sure how long it will take me. The solid color stockinette stitch parts will definitely slow me down - I get bored when doing solid color knitting so it takes a lot longer. I predict I'll finish the sweater in January. I need to go order more yarn though.




One of our strategies for saving money on groceries is to shop more often at ethnic markets. Here's our latest haul from the wonderful Ta Lin international market. I was happy to find fresh pea shoots and fresh maitake mushrooms and they had great prices on white and green tea. We make massive quantities of won tons using a great tofu/spinach filling recipe from the Moosewood soup cookbook and freeze them for quick meals with vegetable broth and a bag of Trader Joe's stir-fry vegetables.