I was remiss in my last post - HERE's a link to the complete Longfellow poem. It is really beautiful. I will get the pattern written up for the Lulu store soon - I only hope Knitpicks' doesn't discontinue any of the Palette colors by then.

Speaking of Christmas, last year DH didn't get me a gift as I instead asked for him to take me to Gallup, NM to buy me a piece of Indian jewelry. The trip finally happened and here's the bracelet I chose. It is Zuni and the artist's name is Quinton Quam. It features a blue jay, hummingbirds, and cardinals.




Here's downtown Gallup - it is the destination for people looking to buy Navajo, Hopi, or Zuni jewelry. Years ago I ordered from Virtual Yarns and I received a nice email from Alice Starmore recounting how she once purchased a bolo in Gallup. I've always wondered if that is the bolo she is wearing in her photo for her Fair Isle knitting book.



On the side of one of the buildings is a mural devoted to the Navajo code talkers - one guy is even holding a bunny!




We met up with my brother-in-law Dave from Phoenix and his partner Matt. Matt's family owns a cattle ranch in the Cibola National Forest where they camp in the Ponderosa pines. There is even a lake in the distance.




Here's a mama with her brand new baby hiding behind her.